Historic Roswell Kiwanis conducted its 16th annual Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo on Sunday, April 30, 2017 while the Roswell Criterium Bicycle Races was taking place nearby. The Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo was co-sponsored by the Key Clubs of Centennial High School, Milton High School and Roswell High School, and by the Builders Clubs of Crabapple Middle and Elkins Pointe Middle Schools.
It was held at the parking lot of the Historic Roswell Antique and Interiors, 970 Canton Street, a new location closer to the racing action.
Historic Roswell Kiwanis believes that bicycle safety is one of the most important skills that can be taught in order to keep children who ride safe on the roads.
The Historic Roswell Kiwanis Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo is an organized "class" where children learn about cycling safety and bicycle handling skills. After the "class" portion, the children hit an obstacle course to navigate in order to "graduate" from the class and be eligible (six years and older) to race in the Kids' Criterium race to be held on the same course as the Pro race!
All bicycles were inspected and "tuned-up" by the mechanics of Roswell Bicycles, and all helmets were checked. Roswell Bicycles is a sponsor of the Roswell Criterium, and a supporter the Bike Rodeo and the Mayor's Ride.
A special thanks to...
• Historic Roswell Antique and Interiors
•Roswell Bicycles mechanics and staff
• Bike Roswell!
• Fire Dept. EMTs, Roswell Public Safety Department
•Roswell Transportation Department
• Key Clubs of Centennial, Milton and Roswell High Schools
• Builders Clubs of Crabapple and Elkins Pointe Middle Schools
•Mayor Jere Wood, Legion of Honor Kiwanian
•Roswell Recreation and Parks staff; Jeff Pruitt,
Roswell Recreation Department Deputy Director
•Historic Roswell Kiwanis volunteers
16th Annual Historic Roswell Kiwanis
Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo a Big Hit at a New Location!
@ Historic Roswell Antique and Interiors, 970 Canton Street
The bicycles of all participants were inspected
as a courtesy of Roswell Bicycles
After the Rodeo, participants ready for the youth races to begin
After the "class" portion, children "graduate" and those six years and older will be eligible to race in the Kids Race to be held on the same course as the pro race!
Please note these Kids Bicycle Safety Rodeo rules and conditions:
• The Historic Roswell Kiwanis Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo is conducted by the Kiwanis Club of
Historic Roswell, Inc, (Historic Roswell Kiwanis).
• There is no charge for the Historic Roswell Kiwanis Kids' Bicycle Safety Rodeo.
• Each participant should provide his/her own bicycle and helmet -- we will have no bikes or
helmets that can be loaned.
• In order for a child to participate, a parent or guardian must complete a registration form for
• Registration is scheduled begin at 2:30 pm; rodeo is scheduled begin at 2:30 pm. It will conclude
at approximately 4 pm. However, Historic Roswell Kiwanis reserves the right to modify
start or end times, or any other aspects of the event.
• Bike Rodeo participants must be 5 years old as of date of the event.
• Parents are requested to remain at bike rodeo site while his/her child is participating.
• The Bike Rodeo will be held as long as weather conditions are safe as determined by the
Historic Roswell Kiwanis event director. The Bike Rodeo will NOT be conducted in thunder
and/or lightning, or while other dangerous conditions are present in the area.
All helmets were checked for fit.
Emergency Medical Technicians from the Roswell Fire Department
were at our site during the Rodeo.
• Kids Races: The Criterium Officials -- not Historic Roswell Kiwanis -- will conduct the
Kids' Criterium for Rodeo participants who are six years of age and older and who have
completed the full rodeo to participate in Kids Race on the Criterium race circuit. Once
participants leave the site of the rodeo (parking lot of the Historic Roswell Antique and Interiors, 970 Canton Street), individually or as a group, the rodeo is completed.
Historic Roswell Kiwanis has no authority or control of the Criterium circuit or kids' Criterium
thereon. Historic Roswell Kiwanis does NOT conduct the Kids' Criterium.
• Other conditions apply. Please see registration form at time of rodeo.
2:30 - 4 pm Registration
2:30 - 4 pm Bike Rodeo
4:45 pm (approximately) Bike Rodeo participants assemble at race circuit for races.
.All times are subject to change. Historic Roswell Kiwanis reserves the right
to modify start or end times, or any other aspects of the event.